Topics

Monday, August 18, 2014

There Comes A Time

There comes a time when you have to choose
Between turning the page
And closing the book
"Josh Jameson"

     Everyone has at some time in their lives come to a crossroads where a choice must be made. Sometimes it's one of the hardest choices to make, but sooner or later regardless of the situation around you, you will have to make the decision.

     When I speak of choices, I don't mean whether to go to WalMart or Target for a day of shopping. It's the big life changing choices that I'm talking about. Decisions that could very well turn your life upside down and inside out for good measure. Anyway you look at it, major choices usually mean major life changes. The two have a funny way of colliding.



     I can't even presume to tell you how to get through it. There is no easy "6 Step Plan". I can only give you my opinion and relate to you how I proceed. 

     First of all, you can always feel change coming. It sits just below your rib cage and gives you this feeling of tightness. It's not painful but it's there, you can feel it. Things are just not right. Maybe your job isn't going right. Maybe you've just been there to long. Is it time for a career change or do you just accept what you have now and count your blessings? Has your relationship with a partner gone sour. Do you turn the page, stay and try to work it all out? Do you know in your heart it's over but it's just easier to stay? Or do you close the book, move forward and create a whole new story? 

     I have a tendency to run both scenarios through my head at least 1000 times. I'll run my ideas by my partner another 1000 times. Thank God he has the patients of the angels. Once I've exhausted every avenue and I've created a mountain out of a molehill, I come to the conclusion that I can't make this decision by myself.

     I consider prayer and meditation the same thing. I choose to meditate. I wait until I can have some quiet time to myself. I prefer outside but inside works well also. Once I begin to fall into my meditation I create a space that I'm comfortable in. My space happens to be a small country kitchen with large, open windows all the way around. In this space I invite the Creator to tea. 

     We sit and discuss my choices. He gives me insights and ideas I hadn't thought of before. He guides me but like any good parent, he doesn't make the choice for me. The Creator gave us freedom of choice and by that credo he cannot make the choice for us. We can use his guidance but the decision has to be ours. 

     There will be times when we make the wrong decision but we do learn sooner or later. We are human and sometimes good people make bad choices. I am a firm believer that we are destined to make the same mistakes over and over until we learn from them and move forward by making the right choice. 

     There are many reasons for having to make a life changing decision. You can take as long as you like but the heaviness and discontent will continue to tag along. Staying where you are can be just as hard as moving forward. There's no guarantee that either choice will be a good one. You won't know until you try. 

 Judith P    

No comments: