Topics

Friday, June 13, 2014

God Is Always Drawing Us To Him With Love

Since I was four years old, my greatest desire was to serve God and to be a woman of honor for Him.  I have failed miserably over and over again. One step forward, ten steps back. Life has been so difficult a lot of the times. I spent most of it disqualifying myself ... feeling like, once again, I wasn't measuring up. I wasn't smart enough, or educated enough, or nice enough, or good-looking enough.

God has been so sweet to me. Never condemning, never pointing a finger, and never shouting his disappointment at me.  Instead, He always picked me up when I fell and He would brush off the dust and dirt from me. I felt His love pouring over me, accepting me, and He let me know how precious I was to Him.  He encouraged me to keep going.  How can this most Holy God be so kind and so loving towards me, especially after I messed up?

This journey is not just for you.  It is for me also. I must share with you what I have learned and what I know about this most magnificent, glorious God!  I am praying that, as we continue our journey, that you also will come to personally know this Great God and His Great Love for you.  For us ALL!

Your lunch today is the remaining verses of Psalm 139.  As we sit beside this gentle brook, under the trees, with the sun filtering through, I hope you enjoy it.

Psalm 139:13-18 - Living Bible (TLB)
13) You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit them together in my mother's womb.
14) Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about.  Your workmanship is marvelous---and how well I know it. 15) You were there while I was being formed in utter seclusion!
16) You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe.  Every day was recorded in your book!

17 - 18) How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly!  I can't even count how many times a day your thoughts turn toward me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!

19) Surely you will slay the wicked, Lord! Away, bloodthirsty men! Begone!  20) They blaspheme your name and stand in arrogance against you---how silly can they be?  21) O Lord, shouldn't I hate those who hate you? Shouldn't I be grieved with them?  22) Yes, I hate them, for your enemies are my enemies too.

23) Search me, O God, and know my heart; test my thoughts.  24) Point out anything you find in me that makes you sad, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
Gina P

No comments: