Topics

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What Does God's Love And Forgiveness Mean?

I sometimes think I am one of the most blessed of persons. Every day of my working life, I have the opportunity to help many people from all over the world.  At the moment, I am a Peer Recruiter, Staffing Coordinator, and Orientation Trainer for a large employer.  It is during the interview process that my perspectives change.  People, from all over the world, share their personal stories with me, and I sit across from them in admiration of their courage and their strength. I have always lived and worked in Canada ... a pretty safe haven compared to other Countries and Continents.

It is one thing to read about other countries and their inhabitants; quite another to hear the actual stories from the people who lived in those countries.  When the interview is over and I am alone, my heart is aching, sad, and I want to cry. I ponder what I have heard, and I praise and thank God for teaching me ... helping me to understand ... about His love and His forgiveness. The sadness in the world can be overwhelming sometimes.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 - Amplified Bible (AMP)
4 - Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
5 - It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
6 - It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
7 - Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
8 - Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].

I wanted you to see HOW God believes Love should be.  Can we do it? No.  Not on our own. Our intentions may be good, but, we live in a very negative and unkind world.  It is easier to be insensitive, uncompassionate and mean.  We seem to think that it is a sign of weakness if we show love and kindness.

God works from the inside out.  If we are willing to be changed by Him, He can give us great love and compassion towards others regardless of who they are.  The Grace of God, Jesus Christ, began to change me at the age of 28.  I had a heart of stone and He changed it into a heart of flesh ... filled with His love and His patience  I thank Him for His Grace and His Mercy in my life. It truly is wonderful.  So free! So peaceful! So restful!

I hope you liked this sweet and salty snack.
Gina P




No comments: